Prepare Your Body For The Amelia Island Concours d’ Elegance 2017.
If you are one of the thousands of vintage car enthusiasts planning to attend the March 2017 Amelia Island Concours d’ Elégance, get your motor-and your body-revved and ready for a day trip to Amelia Island, Florida, aka Paradise. A barrier island! The beach! Fresh local seafood! and a preventative MASSAGE!
This year’s event, the 22nd annual, honors The Cars of Brumos Racing and is hosted by the Golf Club of Amelia Island and The Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island. As in every year of the last two decades or so, it once again promises to be an exciting and memorable event. Dedicated organizers and volunteers make this huge charitable event come together, after months and months of preparation. And we locals enjoy our bragging rights: Amelia Island is one of only two Concours d’ Elégance locations in the country and it is among the top automotive events in the world.
Walking, walking, walking, March breezes, blue skies, green grass, yellow sun, salt air, walking, cars, cars, period fashion shows, more walking, more cars. What’s not to love? Your strained, aching, dehydrated, sunburned body. It doesn’t have to be this way. Preparation is the key.
After scheduling your pre and post event MASSAGES, consider these additional recommendations to keep you healthy, mobile and happy at the event.
- Apply the highest SPF possible before you leave.
Since we tend to not reapply as much as we should, applying a high SPF, according to dermatologist Joshua Zeichner, M.D., will offer the longest, highest quality protection possible.
- Wear comfortable, close-toed shoes.
Now is not the time to be fashion conscious at the expense of injury or inadequate support for your feet. Blisters and aching feet will be kept at bay.
- Opt for a broad brim hat and wear layers. A fanny pack will be your best friend.
- Don’t forget a refillable water bottle. The importance of staying hydrated, by drinking plenty of water throughout the day, can’t be overstated. And even small amounts of alcohol throughout the day can lead to serious dehydration in the Florida heat.
- Don’t go hungry. Have a plan for eating and/or take snacks with you to replenish electrolytes.
- Take breaks in the shade.
- Don’t push yourself. Pace.
Preparation of your body for the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance 2017 with good planning and MASSAGE will keep you day-tripping to Amelia Island again and again. See you there!
Nancy Shores, LMT, Facial Specialist